Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Love on the bus.

I fall in love with people all the time. The clerk at Borders, the guy on the bicyle, the girl in the BMW next to me on the freeway. All the time, anywhere, whomever, I fall in love. And sometimes it's just looks, like a curve of a neck, or the arch of an eyebrow. And sometimes it's many things, combined into one. These are never long love affairs, mostly because I'll never see them again, but it's in those glimpses, those snatches of time that life is most real to me.

Today on the bus home from work I ran into this beautiful boy, wearing a Dodgers hat backwards. His face was like one of Boticelli's angels, so beautiful. He had a star tattoo on his elbow, and his hair curled just slightly. I wanted to lick his skin all over. It wasn't strange at all, and I guess he caught me looking, because he smiled. I just had to draw him, so I did. It was just one of those moments where I was glad to be human and to revel in human beauty and body.

No comments: