Friday, May 4, 2007

Spiderman? No....

So, Obscure Object invited me to go see Spiderman 3 tonight with a bunch of his friends. Shall I be going? No... because I'm grounded.

I forgot to sign up for the ACT-- and for this reason I am grounded. Can I say that the ridiculousness of this has become rather disproportionate? I cannot believe my mother. What a fucking stupid thing to ground someone for. If I'd come home smelling of pot, or cigarettes, I'd expect punishment.

But I am an ideal child. I get decent grades. I don't do anything rebellious. I curse a little bit, but always apologise. I am well behaved, polite, articulate. I do not embarrass her in front of guests.

It's like she's grasping for straws with which to punish me. I am not only indignant, but fucking offended that she has so little do in her life that she feels the need to get mad at me for something that easily remediable.

No comments: